2023 STARBOARD SUP 5’7” x 29” TAKE OFF BLUE CARBON
The Take Off is the foiler’s go-to board for wing, foil surf, and foil downwind. This is a true all-around foil board that caters to everyone from first-time foilers to experienced foilers. The Take Off comes in a high volume, short size range. This season, we feature the new 4’6″ and 4’2″ models for high-performance freestyle riding.
Length: 5’7” / 170 cm
Width: 29” / 74 cm
Yes! Now you can ride the ultimate small package with the 5’7” x 29”. Built for riders looking to up their game in wing, SUP surf foil and down winding in a super small and stable size.
SMALL SIZE, HIGH VOLUME
Our super small size range with high volume means riders can ride smaller boards than ever before. This new range allows for riders to go down in size by around one foot in length. Smaller size, easier riding in a higher performance package.
BOXY RAIL DESIGN
The rails include a chine design and feature a boxy design toward the top at the standing area. This maximizes the width of the board, making for a more stable and comfortable riding experience.
RAIL EDGE RELEASE
The new rail release revolutionises liftoff. The sharp rail edge release allows for fast and smooth take-offs.
The new Chined Rail design ensures a reduced rail area. Especially helpful when turning on the foil, touchdowns and ensures the earliest and easiest take-offs.
ROUND TAIL DESIGN
After testing a variety of tail designs, we found that this round design gives an easy and smooth sensation during lift-off.
TAIL EDGE RELEASE
The sharp tail edge releases when lifting off.
At the tail, water is funnelled out from the board as quickly as possible.
The low centre of gravity significantly improves stability when paddling and foiling by bringing you closer to the foil for the best foiling sensation.
The 18cm distance between the inserts allows you to have a wider footstrap span for easy trim and control while foiling. 4’6″ and 4’2″ models feature a 15.5cm distance between inserts for extra locked-in performance at higher speeds.
The new front V-strap provides a more centered position on the board for more control over the foil, offers a secure fit and is easier to install. Installing the strap in the centre allows you to have the same angle for both feet with flexibility to adjust the fit depending on rising style.
(Comes with Blue Carbon and can be purchased after market for Lite Tech)
12” FOIL BOX
The brand new 12” foil box gives more options to more riders. Move the foil to your preferred liking. Further forward suits riders starting to foil who may need an extra lift. Further back on the box is for high wind conditions, large waves and highly skilled riders. All boards are optimised so the middlebox position gives the best balance point for foilers.
FLAT FOIL AREA
The Flat foil area is designed to keep the foil in the ideal angle at all times, no matter where the foil is placed.
The carry handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling, yet still easy to carry.
(5’2″ and smaller sizes come with small handles. The other sizes come with Starboard standard IQ handle)
THE BEST VALUE FULL CARBON CONSTRUCTION WE HAVE EVER PRODUCED
• Top grade 150g Biaxial Carbon wraps the entire board, joining with an overlap on the deck and bottom to create flat stringer, increasing the total breakage strength.
• 2 skins of durable fibre glass form a sandwich around the biaxial Carbon, protecting the carbon by dampening and absorbing the impact.
• The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom work together to increase the overall total breakage strength.
• Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
LIGHT, STRONG, AFFORDABLE
- Extra rigidity with the introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail/ nose reinforcements.
- Australian pine on the standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- Comes with shoulder carry strap inserts. Starboard shoulder carry strap can be purchased aftermarket.
- All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements.