The Spice is an all new wave range that gives you incredible rail carving, impressive speed through sections and instant drive out of turns. The design brief focused on offering more performance and progression than the Wedge, while being more user-friendly and forgiving than the Pro. The all wave performance of the Spice allows it to handle a range of conditions, from small beach breaks to overhead point breaks. From light to heavy, enthusiasts to pros, the Spice range offers a size for all.
Length: 7’11” / 241 cm
Width: 29” / 74 cm
The 7’11” is a lot of fun and full of surprises! The length makes you perform radical turns and fit tight in the critical section of the waves without the nose catching. At 29″, the width gives you enough float without hindering speed or manoeuvrability.
From bevelled thin rails, wing tail, concave bottom shape, the design elements that make up this board work in harmony, giving you ride that syncs speed, power and flow.
UNIQUE BEVELLED RAIL
The unique bevelled rail shape makes turning both ultra-responsive and easy. The slightest foot pressure and the board just rolls in the direction you want to go. The rails are super fine both in the nose and tail, reducing the swing weight through your turns and giving you direct response when applying pressure on the rail.
OFFERS 3 DISTINCT FEATURES
1. The bevel rail creates a narrower planing area, helping to generate more speed and acceleration down the line.
2. The angle of the bevel helps you toll the rail effortlessly, making the board very responsive to pump on the wave face and sink through carving turns.
3. The bevel creates a thinner more pinched rail so you don’t have to apply as much foot pressure to initiate turns.
FULL NOSE OUTLINE
Provides stability and extends the rail line for faster speed.
POINTED NOSE TIP
Pierces through waves and reduces swing weight through turns.
THIN TAPERED RAIL PROFILE NOSE
Helps reduce swing weight from the nose to enhance manoeuvrability and speed through turns.
Helps engage the rail for good speed down the line.
SLIGHT DOMED DECK
Helps keep rails fine and gives enough float in the center buoyancy of the board.
Provides float and carries speed down the line and momentum through smaller surf.
Smooth rocker has gradual nose and tail kick, offering the right combination of paddle speed and manoeuvtability. The nose rocker prevents the nose diving getting into waves and from catching through turns, while the tail rocker helps lift the nose to pivot.
Single concave provides lift and speed, feeding through to a double midsection and slight vee at the tail to manoeuvre and rock from rail to rail.
Creates a break in the rail line, maintaining stability forwards, while narrowing behind the wing to offer much more manoeuvrability.
THINNING AT THE TAIL
For maximum response, bite and control when stepping back.
ROUND PIN TAIL
Offers good drive and hold in bigger surf, yet good stability and manoeuvrability. The round pin complements the looseness generated from the wing tail.
5 FIN OPTION
• Allows for quad, thruster and twin fin with small center nubster. You can choose your preferred fin set up based on riding style and wave conditions.
• All models are supplied with a quad set up with 4.7 front and 4.5 rears.
• The angles of the fins are updated, with more outward splay on the front fins for greater manoeuvrability with less angle in the rear for greater drive through turns.
CARBON SURF FIN
PERFORMANCE YOU CAN FEEL
The new, ultra-light carbon surf fins will enhance your performance in the waves, providing more drive, stronger grip, and faster speed out of turns. (comes only with Blue carbon board)
THE BEST VALUE FULL CARBON CONSTRUCTION WE HAVE EVER PRODUCED
• Top grade 150g Biaxial Carbon wraps the entire board, joining with an overlap on the deck and bottom to create flat stringer, increasing the total breakage strength.
• 2 skins of durable fibre glass form a sandwich around the biaxial Carbon, protecting the carbon by dampening and absorbing the impact.
• The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom work together to increase the overall total breakage strength.
• Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
TIMELESS LOOK, SOLID PERFORMANCE
Twin T-stringers made from glass fibre are positioned on the deck and bottom of the board close to the rail, providing a massive increase in the overall strength against total breakage in surf.
An additional wide layer of 200g glass wraps the rails for higher strength against paddle impact and further reinforces the overall strength against buckling.
The deck features reinforced biaxial glass and Australian pine, to resist heel dents and impact from the standing area.
The nose and tail are wrapped in multiple layers of glass fiber for further strength on these impact zones.