2023 STARBOARD SUP 8’3″ X 30″ POCKET ROCKET
The Wide Ride range features great surf ‘n cruise paddle boards that are designed to be floaty, fun, and the king of catching waves. This range is ideally suited for those getting started in SUP surfing and is great for the whole family to have fun with while learning the sport. You’ll make any kind of mush highly surfable with this shape.
Length: 8’3” / 251 cm
Width: 30” / 76 cm
This is a stable short paddle board for riders looking for more progressive surfing in all conditions.
THE WIDE RIDE WITH REAL GLIDE
Wide Ride has a surf ‘n cruise paddle board size for all rider weights and abilities; the bigger models produce the easiest glide and stability, while the smaller sizes deliver more control and manoeuvrability. Wide Ride: the wave-ripper for real-world riders!
THIN RAILS ON WIDE BOARDS
You will sense the trademark thin rails biting into the wave just like a smaller board and let you manoeuvre off the top and in bottom turns in ways not expected.
The thin rails mean you need less effort to turn on the rail, as there is less volume holding the board back from sinking into the turn.
SHORT NOSE OUTLINE
Makes it easier to pivot turn and fit in the critical section of the wave without catching the nose.
Prevents the nose from diving when getting into waves and paddling in choppy water.
In the center provides efficient glide and speed on flats.
FLAT STANDING AREA
Allows to have a wider stance for extra stability in chop.
MODERATE TAIL KICK
Allows for tighter turning when standing back on the tail.
WIDE ROUNDED TAIL
Improves stability when stepping on the board to turn. It also gives release out of turns.
MONO TO DOUBLE CONCAVE BOTTOM
Provides speed to catch the wave and then has sensitive rail-to-rail turning from the midpoint.
Makes it easier to carry speed and hold through maneuverers.
SIDE FIN BOXES
Are positioned closer to the rail for quicker response in turns. Minimal change yet a big improvement.
FIN SET UP
Thruster fin set up provides comfortable straight-line tracking on flat and gives drive and control in surf.
Pocket Rocket allows both thruster and quad set up. Quad fin set up uses 4 side fins and gives fast acceleration and instant down the line speed as it does not have a drag from the larger centre fin.
The SUP Windsurfing range offers a great choice for sharing windsurfing and paddle boarding with friends and family. They glide with ease, very different from anything we have offered in the past. Starboard brought home 11 out of 12 PWA constructor titles over the last 12 years and we love getting more people into windpowered fun.
Only available on 10’0″ x 34″ Whopper ASAP WS
THE BEST VALUE FULL CARBON CONSTRUCTION WE HAVE EVER PRODUCED
• Top grade 150g Biaxial Carbon wraps the entire board, joining with an overlap on the deck and bottom to create flat stringer, increasing the total breakage strength.
• 2 skins of durable fibre glass form a sandwich around the biaxial Carbon, protecting the carbon by dampening and absorbing the impact.
• The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom work together to increase the overall total breakage strength.
• Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
THE STRONGEST RAIL EVER TESTED
• Ultra-durable, scratch and impact resistant woven 200g twill azure rail protection.
• The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom to protect against total breakage. The T-stringers are positioned close to the rail working like an i-beam to endure heavy drops and strong wipeouts.
• Starlite now features a full deck of 0.6mm Australian pine wood which is sandwiched between 2 glass outer skins, increasing the overall total breakage strength and reducing the weight due to lower resin absorption.