2023 STARBOARD SUP 8’7″ x 29.5″ PRO
2 year of winning the best performance surf shape awarded by SUPBoarder Magazine, the PRO is now upgraded to the next level. The completely new design gives more speed to set up and complete maneuvers, more hold through bottom turns in bigger surf and greater response. New rocker is more forgiving on steeper drops, flatter deck feels less corky and new fin positions refine the control and drive through turns. Thinner nose profile reduces swing weight for more radical snaps, thinner tail gives more bite and response through turns.
Length: 8’7″ / 262 cm
Width: 29.5″ / 75 cm
The 8’7″ retains the same dimensions, yet feels more stable and less corky from the flatter deck. The fine rails and sharp squash tail hold well in the bigger surf, allowing you to feel more in control to push harder on your bottom turns! Slightly flatter tail rocker and pulled in nose translates into a faster down the line speed.
PERFORMANCE SHAPES FOR SERIOUS RIDERS SEEKING WORLD-CLASS WAVES.
“Super stoked about the new Pro range, I feel like we finally found the perfect high performance shape, no more hesitation going for a big bottom turn, everything seems possible. That’s the result of many years of research and I’m loving it!” ~ Benoit Carpentier, 2 x ISA champion
Designed and developed in Portugal with shaper Luis “Lacrau” and Ollie O’Reilly, tested by Franz Orsi, Benoit Carpentier, Leonard Nika, Trevor Tunningron, Claudio Nika, Daniel Hasulyo.
THINNER RAIL PROFILE
Reduces swing weight from nose, increasing pivot speed through turns.
LONGER NARROWER NOSE OUTLINE
Extends the rail line, making it easier to paddle into waves and holding on steeper drops.
Single concave provides lift and speed, feeding through to a double midsection and slight vee at the tail to manoeuvre and rock from rail to rail.
FLATTER TAIL ROCKER
Rocker provides faster speed down the line and into turns.
Are kept fine with a more pinched and rolled tuck edge, giving bite, control and speed through maneuvers
At the tail gives more bite and control.
FLATTER DECK SHAPE
Offers more comfort and feels less corky.
Give the most versatile performance in all wave types, particularly holding in bigger surf.
5 FIN OPTION
The 5 fin option allows for quad, thruster and twin fin with small centre nubster. You can choose your preferred fin set up based on riding style and wave conditions.
SUPPLY WITH FINS
All models are supplied with a thruster set up with 4.7 front 120/140 center on bigger sizes. The angles of the fins are updated, with more spray in the front fins for greater manoeuvrability with less angle in the rear for greater drive through turns.
CARBON SURF FIN
PERFORMANCE YOU CAN FEEL
The new, ultra-light carbon surf fins will enhance your performance in the waves, providing more drive, stronger grip, and faster speed out of turns. (comes only with Blue carbon board)”
BLUE CARBON PRO
LIGHTEST AND STRONGEST
• Based on the world-proven and award-winning Carbon Sandwich construction, the Blue Carbon Pro features a full PVC wrap and the lightest 100g biaxial carbon fiber in the market.
• Highest grade 100g biax carbon wraps the full deck, rail and bottom.
• Thin high-density PVC wraps the entire board with an extra-strong PET standing reinforcement reduces resin uptake and increases the overall strength.
• The sensational lightweight increases carving ability and acceleration.
TIMELESS LOOK, SOLID PERFORMANCE
- Twin T-stringers made from glass fibre are positioned on the deck and bottom of the board close to the rail, providing a massive increase in the overall strength against total breakage in surf.
- An additional wide layer of 200g glass wraps the rails for higher strength against paddle impact and further reinforces the overall strength against buckling.
- The deck features reinforced biaxial glass and Australian pine, to resist heel dents and impact from the standing area.
- The nose and tail are wrapped in multiple layers of glass fiber for further strength on these impact zones.